Tuesday, April 28, 2009

random laws that make me laugh

I was looking for something to lighten my otherwise bland Tuesday morning, and I found some random laws that gave me a good laugh...thought I would share. And YES, they are true...

In Baltimore, Maryland, it is illegal to take a lion to the movies. (umm...)

In Singapore, it is illegal to sell or own chewing gum. (so glad I don't live there! LOVE gum!)

In Natoma, Kansas, it's illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suits. (really? ONLY when they are wearing striped suits?)

It's illegal to slurp soup in New Jersey. (the government clearly has too much control)

Among the Abipone people of Paraguay, individuals who abstain from alcohol are thought to be "cowardly, degenerate and stupid." (i think that is the ONLY place where you're not "AWESOME" if you get drunk and act ridiculous)

While in some countries the penalty for driving while intoxicated can be death (yes, death), in Uruguay intoxication is a legal excuse for having an accident while driving. "Please believe me officer, I really was drunk." (wow...stay away from the countries that end in GUAY)

Well, that's all for this post, but i'll keep you posted when I find more random laws to laugh at :)

No comments: