Friday, April 3, 2009

writer's block

Oops. I have been called out on my seemingly eternal episode of writer's block...I have another issue that plagues me at all times as I attempt to become a regular blogger. I am a perfectionist. I will sit and try to think of a fun topic to write about, but then I will convince myself that there must be a better topic. So then once I have thought of a better topic, I realize that means there is a "best" topic that I will surely think of next. *sigh* It doesn't get any better when I have finally settled on a topic either, because then I am plagued by the first sentence. It must be perfect. This makes things very frustrating...Perhaps I need to let loose and just write what pops into my mind and not worry about whether or not it is perfect or reflects the "best" topic.
Yikes, I am sounding quite OCD right now. For those who know me, I am a bit OCD so I suppose it's no surprise :) Thanks for loving me anyway!

I still owe a nice long vacation post or two, along with lots of other posts to make up for lost time...Hang in there with me! I'll get the hang of it one of these days!

And thanks Jamaal for bringing my blog back to life! Some funk was just what it needed :)

No comments: